50 YEARS IN A CLOUD

Written by Captain Mary on Tuesday, October 16, 2018

50 years of my life has been spent puffing away at those disgusting things that we know as cigarettes. Imagine that many years inhaling toxins other than the ones in the air. Purposely polluting your body. When I started smoking I was a mere 13 years old, and it was the 60's. We did everything that we could imagine to get a hold of things that were not good for us. Yet we survived!
 
I have quit from time to time, never with much success. I finally found a way, thanks to my son who had a plan and a support system that worked. I am happy to say that it is nearly 4 months since my last cigarette. I feel confident that this time I can make it stick. I just can't imagine going through the agony and side-effects that quitting does to a body. Every time I quit I started again because of serious weight gain, as the years passed by I realized that I don't loose the weight in spite of smoking again.
 
Looking at myself in the mirror, a size, gigantic, well at least my ass is. It was very difficult to accept that my body was falling apart. Did some research and asked people who also quit and realized that gaining the weight had an expiration date, that means your body will stabilized. Now, that I have reached this level and accepted the fact that it is time to move on to being a non smoker.
 
My brain is working again, and my weight is down a bit. Soon, I hope to be in the normal size range again, that means my ass won't be 4 feet behind me after I enter a room. I can take the money I saved on cigarettes and spend on some healthy food and perhaps a nice treat for myself.
 
Another step in my life, making things better, and maybe staying around a little longer.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ 50 YEARS IN A CLOUD ”