A DAY FULL OF SURPRISES

Written by Captain Mary on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My days of confinement over, back to work and I can't believe how much I enjoyed scrubbing toilets today. I was willing to do anything to get out of this funk. Worked a full day and then it was time to get ready for my TaeKwonDo Rank Graduation.


A small graduating class due to the summer session, kids do need time off, but I prefer no time off because I will fall apart quickly. First the lower ranks go to the floor to accept their certificates and it progresses to the higher ranks. It was my turn, all the others were given their certificates and yet I remained standing with empty hands, I turned to my Master and asked where it was, his reply "just wait I have it". The others were dismissed and I remained standing there alone, Master Isaacs presented me with my Black Belt Recommended certificate, which is a pretty big deal. I am certainly on my way. Then he asked me to give a demonstration of my signature Kihap, which according to the Master is the best in the ATA. I think I split some ear drums, but wasn't that the whole point.
My daughter Monica received her Red Belt decided rank. Shelah and Rainy moved up in rank with big smiles on their faces.
I was dismissed from the floor, sat down and before my ass could touch the seat I was called up again. This time was for My State Champion accommodations.
I felt so good, it just seemed like my night, but wait that wasn't it, as I was gathering my belongings to go home, the Master hands me an envelope and tells me I have been invited to be part of the C.I.T. program, which is the Certified Instructor Training. I stood there with tears welling up in my eyes for this is an extreme privilege. I guess they want to keep me around for awhile. I had a wonderful day, tomorrow I will still be walking on air.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 2 comments: Responses to “ A DAY FULL OF SURPRISES ”

  2. By Anonymous on August 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM

    Your boyfriend and the good daughter got invited as well. They must only want the people who are good in class and fun to be around. :)

  3. By Anonymous on August 20, 2008 at 9:02 PM

    very good good job love you

    Warm wishes from crystal river!!!!!!!! I miss you all!!!!!! Love Mel and charles