THE AFTERMATH

Written by Captain Mary on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I love the holidays and the travel, I find peace in the drive and love to travel. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, had a great time with family and friends. I spent some wonderful time with my niece and nephew, who I miss being close. My sister and her employee (Joe, her husband), prepared a meal fit for royalty and I couldn't get enough of it. I gained the standard 5 pounds and now it is time to get it off for the next holiday.
Anyway, that was all fantastic until I got home. I gave myself a day to get back to the routine and rest before the week of work began again. I left my zoo behind and my temporary zoo keepers did a fantastic job. Everyone was waiting by the door when I got home, all 12 cats lined up with my dog, Baby in the middle. I opened the door and they all came in, things were great for awhile and then they decided to let me know that they were pissed off at me. My cats began marking everything in the house, the floors, the walls, my luggage, my computer, the counter tops, the freezer, any place and every place. I found myself spraying and disinfecting everything in sight. Thus leading me to throw every cat outside. Well if that wasn't enough, I went to check on my marine fish and found the tank was leaking all over the floor, as I was repairing that problem I had some laundry going. With wet towels in hand I make my way back to the laundry room only to find it was flooded, now it was time to clean up that mess and find out what was wrong there. After some time I ascertained that the drain was clogged, now I had to clean up the floor that was soaked into my storage room. Finishing the laundry by draining it out the back door I find the sink in the kitchen had also backed up onto the floor and the shower had backed up. Well, now exhausted and frustrated I sit back and ponder, what the hell! I think today I will get back to work and not worry about the little things, I got my work-out for the week.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 4 comments: Responses to “ THE AFTERMATH ”

  2. By Mini on December 2, 2008 at 11:12 AM

    boy, it just began when I talked to you! at least you had to few days to enjoy before all the madness.

  3. By Anonymous on December 3, 2008 at 8:49 AM

    that SUCKS!!!

  4. By Anonymous on December 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM

    you should have called me. I would have brought the wine over and laughed with you over the chaos. I probably would have helped the clean up a bit too...I don't know. :P

  5. By Mini on December 10, 2008 at 1:20 PM

    hey where have you been??? still busy huh!