THE LOSS OF THE FAMILY MONARCH

Written by Captain Mary on Friday, February 18, 2011

It is always a sad day when we loose someone we love. My x-father in-law passed away Feb. 16th, to all our sadness.  I met Ramiro in the 1970's, when he became my Father-In-Law. He left a legacy of seven children and I can't even try to count all the grand and great grand children.
 I do know that after my divorce from his son, I was still included as a member of the family. Ramiro began his journey in Columbia, South America. I can't really say what his life was like there, but I had heard that they were well to do and even had their own tiger. I remember Ramiro telling me that the government became so corrupt that the only way to preserve his family was to move. What an undertaking to move his large family to America to begin a new life. The courage and fortitude of this man never faltered.
Like I said I met Ramiro in the early 70's, a firm Monarch, that ruled with a smile and so much love. It was always specail to be part of a family gathering, cooking a big pig over an open pit, or getting together during Christmas. Perhaps my fondest memories was sitting around the dining room table drinking Colombian firewater and munching on chocolate covered ants. The funny part is when he smiled the little ant legs were stuck in his teeth.
Ramiro will be sorely missed, a part of my heart will always keep him, for my children honored and always revered him, even though his family was large he had a personal relationship with each and every person. The impact that he extended to his family will live on forever, for this Monarch has put a little of himself in everyone he has touched. I will remember Ramiro as my only father-in-law, the man who imbraced me and my children and grandchildren, as if we were the only one in the family. I will fondly remember how he would call my name, and give me an embrace each and every time we saw each other. I will always remember his smile and how he held himself. Ramiro, thank you for being such a special part of my life, I will always honor your memory. Your 85 years on the earth has touched so many, and the world will be a better place because of you.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ THE LOSS OF THE FAMILY MONARCH ”