A DAY AT THE WINERY

Written by Captain Mary on Sunday, September 28, 2008



That doesn't mean I spent the day wining. We have a local winery in the Redlands that has been officially opened for three years now and my partner in crime and I decided it would be great place for our Woman's group to attend and have some fun together.
We arrived to find the ladies waiting for us, but the beauty of the gardens made their brief wait wonderful. The day perfect and it was great for our tour of the property at the Schnebly Winery, the gardens were beautiful and surrounded by several waterfalls that could be viewed from many angles.
A casual walk through the gardens lead us to the actual areas where the wine was produced, fermented, bottled and labeled, did I mention it is all done "By Hand". The cold room with the giant stainless steel containers was like being in a very large refrigerator, I know exactly what is like to be in the vegetable draw of my frig. Couldn't wait to make my exit to the gardens again and of course the wine tasting part of the tour.


These are not traditional wines, yet available at the local grocery store, they are made from the fruits of the area and all the by products of the fruits are sent back out to fertilize the crops in the area. Thinking Green! The many wines produced were excellent, I found a new favorite and by the time we left I had a bit of a buzz. Our group decided not to part company until taking in a great local restaurant for some authentic Mexican food. A great meal and great conversation, we laughed and had a time only the ladies could truly appreciate.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ A DAY AT THE WINERY ”