GOING TO A PARTY TODAY

Written by Captain Mary on Saturday, September 20, 2008

Last night I gathered at a local watering hole with some friends I met at my class reunion. We sat and talked about some of our adventures and our likes and dislikes. It was different for me to hang out with people of my own age. I must admit, hanging out at bars is really not my cup of tea, I am not really a big drinker, but it was fun, until a little lady arrived and sat down next to me. The gang I was sitting with suddenly moved in different directions and I was left alone with this little lady, we began to talk and it was all about her arthritis and her treatments and how she had to be very careful about germs. This had to be the first time I had seen a straw put through a napkin, so that the napkin covered the glass she was drinking from (no germs could fall in her glass this way). The conversation was not what I found entertaining and I decided to go home.
My phone began beeping, reminding me of a message and it was a message from by best bud, they were at home hanging out and having a good time, instead of going home I made a detour right to her and her hubs house. I was again full of smiles for more of our friends were there and we had conversation deep into the night. These are my younger friends and the fit seems so much better.
The stress of the past week or so has been horrible, but today is a party named "Life Sucks, but not Today", don't we all need a day to do nothing but relax and have fun. I am bringing some lobster bites over and hot dogs. I must get to the grocery store and begin preparing for the party, some fun in the sun and lounging around the pool. Today is a beautiful day and I can't wait to get out there and enjoy it.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 2 comments: Responses to “ GOING TO A PARTY TODAY ”

  2. By Mini on September 20, 2008 at 12:06 PM

    I think we all need this day very desperately!!!

  3. By Anonymous on September 21, 2008 at 9:57 AM

    OMG - why haven't you blogged yet? Did you die? Death by peanut butter cup ice cream and sangria. Certainly you can do better than that.