WEEKEND OF WORRIES

Written by Captain Mary on Sunday, September 07, 2008

Nobody likes to hear how bad things are, but from time to time I must ramble. Things have been very stressing lately. I find myself intolerant of the things that I can usually ignore. I met with a group of women for a brunch on Saturday and it started out nice with chatting and getting to know each other, then it turned out to be a mass of confusion. We are a group of women who try to get things done in a simple way, and there are some women in the group that complicate things for no reason. They get things done, but they do it with intimidation and they come across as insecure, I don't think that I can get any of my friends to be a part of this. Instead of a great feeling of women bonding and helping each other, I left with a pissed off mood, because there was so much power play. Well, got that out.

Now, I will be spending the day with the completion of my hurricane preparation. Its just too close to predict as far as I am concerned. I remember hurricane Andrew very clearly and it turned at the very last moment, what if I am not ready for this, I could endanger my family and the things that I cherish, I am responsible for so many people and critters, I must take this serious. This morning was another indication that there is a storm coming, it was just too quiet and calm. Its just too close for me.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 2 comments: Responses to “ WEEKEND OF WORRIES ”

  2. By Anonymous on September 7, 2008 at 8:46 AM

    The mess at the brunch yesterday NEVER should have happened. I say we just start hosting our own so that doesn't happen again. :) We know what needs to happen. We know what is right and we know where the issues are. Lets just fix it.

    Regarding the storm, I agree with you. I am still feeling it despite what the news is saying. Yesterday they were brushing it all off and now they aren't again. Makes me think that my feelings are justified. We are getting the house back together today. If you would answer your damn phone, I could find out how we can help you. If you don't answer, you can expect the royal family to just barge in very soon. Consider this your damn warning.

    I love you.

  3. By Anonymous on September 9, 2008 at 9:55 AM

    Well sis, I'm glad I was unable to make it to your brunch invitation, as I avoid drama at all costs. I don't need negativity in my life, no one does. As for the Keys, the winds are strong, but it's quite beautiful. Mother Nature is providing us with nourishment and cleaning the air. What more could you ask for? I'm really eyeing the black and white kitty, but I don't think my dogs are eyeing them in the same way, hehe.